2015/01/13

The Canterville Ghost

READER


DBH2 students have just read The Canterville Ghost, a popular short story by Oscar Wilde. Hiram Otis, the American ambassador, buys Canterville Chase, Lord Canterville's English mansion, and moves there with his family. But they must share the house with the ghost of Sir Simon de Canterville - bloodstains, noisy chains and all. However, the Otises are modern Americans - they don't believe in ghosts - and their mission is to show Sir Simon exactly that. Only young Virginia feels sorry for the ghost and goes on a dangerous journey to help him find peace. Can she really help him?

3 iruzkin:

  1. THE CANTERVILLE GHOST STORY
    I like this book because it is very funny and interesting. My favourite characters are the ghost because he is very funny and the twins, they are the best.
    I recomended this book because it is easy to understand and it is very funny. It is good for our age and for 12 years old teenagers.

    ErantzunEzabatu
  2. The Canterville Ghost
    not me to like the book because I to seemed a little boring. My favorite characters were the twins.
    I recommend the book because it is easy to read and is well understood. NOTE: 6

    ErantzunEzabatu
  3. I like the book because it is interesting and nice but there are some words that I don't understand very well. I recommend the book to people of my age because I think that it is a good book and very exciting.
    My favourite character is Virginia because she is natural and I like her.

    ErantzunEzabatu